- Mother's Day Brunch
- Carrot Soup with Cucumber Pistachio Relish
- How to Bowl Properly!
- How to Throw an Alice in Wonderland Party!
- 5 Fun Fall Activities
- I will dance for 12 hours, if you will not use paper towels for 1 week!
- Lemon Quinoa Salad
- The Benefits of Garlic!
- What is a Heart Healthy Diet?
- Important Moving Tips to Make Home Relocation Successful
California Avocado Tacos--5 A Day Recipe
The following recipe meets the "5 A Day for Better Health" program criteria. This means that this recipe does not exceed the following: 30% of calories from fat; 10% of calories from saturated fat; 100 mg cholesterol and 360 mg sodium per serving.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
2. Lightly saute onion and green and red peppers.
3. Cut avocado into 12 slices.
4. Warm tortillas in oven and fill with peppers, onions, avocado slices and salsa.
5. Fold tortillas and serve with Fresh Tomato Salsa.
Per Serving (tacos with salsa): 170 calories; 6 grams fat; 3 mg cholesterol; 167 mg sodium.
© 2006 California Avocado Commission http://www.avocado.org/
Back to listings of articles about Home & Food