- Carrot Soup with Cucumber Pistachio Relish
- How to Get Motivated : 4 NLP Techniques that Work!
- Setting New Years Resolutions and Sticking with Them!
- Positive Affirmation for a Powerful Present and Future!
- Win with your Intuition
- How Fish Oil Benefits The Heart
- Green Tea Health Benefits
- Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Ways to Stay Happy in Your Fitness Workout
- A Guide to a Proper Diet Plan: What is Eating Healthy?
Protect Yourself from Swine Flu and All Illnesses by Alkalizing with Home Remedies!
by: Lianda Swain
The Swine Flu has everyone on high alert to stay healthy and flu-free. Every day we hear new reports on developments in vaccines, when we actually have powerful remedies right in our very own kitchens!
Prevention is key right now and one of the best ways to prevent any type of illness is by keeping your body alkaline. Balancing the Ph of your body is extremely important because when our bodies become too acidic, a breeding ground develops for all sorts of illnesses such as cancer, arthritis, heart disease, constipation, and even weight gain. If we keep our internal environment alkaline, no viruses or bacteria can thrive, keeping us healthy and protected from any illness that is circulating.
So what exactly happens when our bodies become too acidic? Our body starts to set up defense mechanisms to keep the acid produced, from damaging the organs. If acid comes into contact with an organ, it can eat holes in the tissue! Yikes!
This causes cells to mutate, the oxygen levels to drop and calcium to deplete. Because our bodies are incredibly intelligent, the acid gets buffered and stored, often times, in fat. So even though you may think that that extra flab around your waist is from the bagel you ate this morning, part of those extra inches may be from the acid being produced in your body.
Dr. Young, author of Ph Balance Diet always says, " If your pet fish is sick, what do you do? You clean the tank." That is exactly the way we should treat our bodies. If we are sick, we need to clean out and change our internal environment.
Stress, negative emotions, and diet cause our "fish tanks" to become cloudy. Here are some things that contribute to an acidic PH:
· fast food & soft drinks
· alcohol and cigarette smoking
· Too many "healthly foods," such as grains (except rice and millet) are acid-forming
· Cooked nuts and all cooked fruit is acid-forming
· Feelings of Anxiety, Grief, Guilt, and Self-Pity are all acid-forming
· Over-eating of ANY type of food is acid-forming
So how can we clear up all of the acid in our bodies and build a strong immune system? Even eating a completely natural and healthy diet can cause acid, but the key is to balance the foods you eat, eat in moderation, and drink your H2O! Here are some more ways to stay alkaline:
· Meditate daily for 2-10 minutes- Find a quiet place, close your eyes, and focus on your breathe, breathing in deeply.
· Eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables every single day. These should make up about 75% of your daily diet
· Consume raw nuts and seeds
· Drink purified water- about 6-8 glasses a day
· Avoid Stressful situations- if one is unavoidable, learn how to cope in a healthy way by being aware of how the situation is affecting you, taking 3 deep breathes, writing in a journal, talking to a friend, exercising. Always remember not to stress the small stuff!
· Reduce your alcohol consumption because alcohol dehydrates your body which causes more acid to build.
· Reduce your intake of cooked and processed foods- replace them with organic, fresh alkalizing foods such as leafy greens, raw veggies, fresh vegetables juices, avocadoes, and more!
· If you are going to eat fish, meat, or a processed food, make sure to include some type of fresh vegetable with the meal to balance the PH.
· Absolutely AVOID high fructose corn syrup and white bleached flours- HFCS can lead to diabetes and is loaded with chemicals. This substance, along with Spenda and other artificial sweeteners, actually lower you IQ! So save your brain and your body by AVOIDING them!
· Exercise 3-4 times a week for at least 30 minutes- 60 minutes. Try in to incorporate strength training at least 2-3 times a week. Take a nice walk, go for a jog, swim, play tennis, bike – the possibilities are endless, just get your body moving!
These suggestions are great for long term Ph balance, but the following two amazing drinks will alkalize your body right on the spot.
- To keep your body alkaline is every single morning when you wake up, before you have your cup of Joe and your eggs on toast, fill a glass with warm water and squeeze half of a lemon in it. Drink this first thing! This mixture detoxifies the body, and gets your digestive system ready for the day.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and mix with 4 ounces of warm purified water. This will alkalize your body in 30 minutes. Do not take with any meals. Try to drink this mixture in between meals. This is great to drink 1-2 times daily, especially if you feel sick.
Remember that "thoughts are things" and what we think determines how we act and what we attract. Keep a positive and peaceful mind- set, and trust that your body can heal itself and stay healthy.
You can have control over your body and how it feels everyday, as long as you take action, you will be healthy as can be. So don't fear the Swine Flu, feel confident that by keeping your body alkalized and in shape, you will be protected from any illness that comes your way!
Back to listings of articles about Health