- How to Get Motivated : 4 NLP Techniques that Work!
- 5 Financial tips for families having disabled kids
- Tricks to Travel On the Cheap
- Securing a Successful Financial Future for Young Adults!
- Copywriting Tips to Improve your Online Business
- Preparing for the Secret Santa
- The Holidays: Stress-free
- Cost Effective Business Services
- Team Development Hints For Teams Of All Sizes
- Tips for Successful Negotiating
Improve Credit Score - 3 Tips For Raising A Low Credit Score
Check Credit Reports for Accuracy
Credit report errors are very common. It's recommended that all consumers examine their reports twice yearly. This way, if any errors or mistakes are reported, you can quickly identify them and fix the problem.
For example, some creditors may accidentally report an account being past due or unpaid. Usually, common mistakes are easy to correct. However, if you do not start a habit of checking your report, the problems will go undetected, and can potentially lower your credit score.
It helps to obtain a copy of your report from all three bureaus. This provides an accurate credit standing. Also, it's suggested that consumers review their credit before applying for a home loan or auto financing.
Pay Bills on Time
Never underestimate the value of making timely payments to creditors. Being habitually late on a credit card payment will greatly reduce your credit score. Moreover, this bad habit can result in raised interest rates. If possible, mail payments to creditors several days before the due date. This ensures payment reaching the creditor on time. If you have a difficult time submitting timely payments, consider setting up automatic payments.
Decrease Credit Card Balances
Credit card balances account for approximately 30% of your total FICO score. Thus, reducing balances is a quick way to significantly increase your credit score. To begin, keep credit card use to a minimum. Avoid shopping sprees and spending money frivolously. Attempt to keep balances below 25% of the credit limit.
Back to listings of articles about Money