- The Benefits, Joys and Danger of the Sunlight
- How to Bowl Properly!
- 7 Tips to green your Halloween
- How Can I Get Rid of My Scars?
- Natural Skin Care Tips And Treatments Of All Time
- Choosing The Right Foundation For a Beautiful Face
- Tricks to De-Puffing Your Eyes
- Clothing tips for petite women
- Fashion Trends Spring / Summer 2012
- Cure for Skin Rashes and Itching
Active Moms – Fragrance to Lift Your Spirits!
Moms. An incredible force of nature. They can take the kids to school, put in 10 hour work days, find time to prepare (or pick-up) dinner, help the kids with the homework, and somehow muster up enough energy to find time for their significant other before bedtime. And it's a mother who can miraculously be at three places at once; her daughter's soccer practice, her son's volleyball game and the daycare center! And in trying to take care of the world, they tend to forget to take care of the most important person in their life; themselves. This can lead to stress, frustration and many more negative emotions an active mom can live without.
It's no wonder one of the main reasons women tend to struggle to take care of themselves is time. Go figure! Well, all you active moms out there, the beauty is, it doesn't have to take hours to pamper yourself and give yourself a boost at any time during your busy day. What's the miraculous wonder that can lift your spirits in a matter of minutes?
It's simple. It's fragrance.
That's right. Studies have shown the right fragrance can provide stress relief, conjure up positive feelings and reduce negative feelings; great news for busy moms on the go like you. And if you already have a favorite fragrance that sparks positive emotion in you, great, spray away. But if not, all you need to do is find the right fragrance (or two or three), and spray it on at any time of the day when you want to trigger a particular emotion or feeling.
So how do busy moms go about picking out the perfect fragrance for an emotional boost or stress reducer anytime of the day?
First, you want to understand a bit about notes. Not the musical kind, but the kind used to describe perfume. Most fragrances have a top, middle and bottom note. To put it simply:
• The top note is the scent you smell when the fragrance is first sprayed or hits your skin.
• The middle note is the scent that lingers after the top note wears off and lasts for about an hour before the lasting scent, the bottom note, surfaces.
• The bottom note is the note that will last throughout the day and into the evening.
The middle and bottom notes are the notes you want to ensure you enjoy the most. Try testing the perfume for a day, either by spraying it onto your wrist or a sample card, prior to purchasing.
Next, you'll want to understand what scents, or notes, trigger what emotions:
• To energize or improve your mood, try clear water, citrus or green scents.
• To relieve stress and lower anxiety, try scents of pine, vanilla, or lavender.
• To enhance sensuality and romance, woody scents (like sandalwood) and scents of jasmine or musk are recommended.
• To enhance an array of emotions at once, try a more complex fragrance, like tuberose and hyacinth, that both have relaxing, sensual and mood enhancing factors.
So now you're equipped to find the perfect fragrance to enhance your mood any time you need a pick-me-up. Spray it on and feel beautiful and refreshed any time of the day!
Paige Rylann is a successful writer and entrepreneur for http://www.greatfragrances4u.com/ , with a long term interest in fragrance, style and fashion. Paige provides tips and advice on women's perfume and mens cologne and how to get the most out of the fragrance you wear.
Back to listings of articles about Style