- Mother's Day Brunch
- Carrot Soup with Cucumber Pistachio Relish
- How to Bowl Properly!
- How to Throw an Alice in Wonderland Party!
- 5 Fun Fall Activities
- I will dance for 12 hours, if you will not use paper towels for 1 week!
- Lemon Quinoa Salad
- The Benefits of Garlic!
- What is a Heart Healthy Diet?
- Important Moving Tips to Make Home Relocation Successful
1. Perform a Home Inspection – Look in the attic, basement and garage for overloaded circuits, frayed wires or potential fire hazards in storage areas. Make sure these areas are properly ventilated, particularly if they contain any household chemicals, pesticides or paint supplies.
2. Ladders – It's a good idea to use a step ladder for use in the home instead of a chair to change the light bulb or batteries in the smoke detector.
3. Be Smart Outside – Only use extension cords marked for outdoor use. Check for power lines before going up on a ladder or trimming trees. Stay at least 10 feet away from any power lines. Before digging, make sure you understand where any underground power or utility lines are located on your property.
4. Use Tools Wisely – Inspect and clean garden and lawn equipment before each new season – make sure they are sharpened for peak performance. If you are not familiar with power equipment hire a professional to take care of the job.
Back to listings of articles about Home & Food