- Mother's Day Brunch
- Carrot Soup with Cucumber Pistachio Relish
- How to Bowl Properly!
- How to Throw an Alice in Wonderland Party!
- 5 Fun Fall Activities
- I will dance for 12 hours, if you will not use paper towels for 1 week!
- Lemon Quinoa Salad
- The Benefits of Garlic!
- What is a Heart Healthy Diet?
- Important Moving Tips to Make Home Relocation Successful
Irish stew in bread bowl
This is an ancient recipe that is so hearty and filling
1 ½ pounds Lean lamb shoulder cut into 4 inch cubes
¼ cup All purpose flour
2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
2 Crushed garlic cloves
2 cups Water
¼ cup Burgundy wine
5 Medium carrots, fine chopped
3 Medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 Large onion, peeled and chopped fine
2 Ribs celery, sliced
¾ teaspoon Black pepper
1 Crushed beef bouillon cube
1 cup Frozen peas
¼ cup Guinness stout
Unsliced round bread
Coat lamb with flour while heating oil over low heat.
Add lamb and garlic, cook and stir until brown.
Cook and stir until brown
Add other ingredients cover and simmer 30-35 minutes
Hollow and serve in bread (King's Hawaiian is best.)
Back to listings of articles about Home & Food