- Mother's Day Brunch
- Carrot Soup with Cucumber Pistachio Relish
- How to Bowl Properly!
- How to Throw an Alice in Wonderland Party!
- 5 Fun Fall Activities
- I will dance for 12 hours, if you will not use paper towels for 1 week!
- Lemon Quinoa Salad
- The Benefits of Garlic!
- What is a Heart Healthy Diet?
- Important Moving Tips to Make Home Relocation Successful
Luck of the Irish Soda Bread
2 2/3 cups Wholemeal plain flour
2 1/2 cups White plain flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
2 3/4 cups Buttermilk
Sift flours, salt and soda into a large bowl. Stir in enough buttermilk to mix to a firm dough. Turn dough onto floured surface, knead until just smooth. Shape dough into a 20 cm round, place on greased oven tray. Cut 1 cm deep slashes in a cross shape on top, brush with a little milk. Bake in moderate oven about 50 minutes. Lift onto wire rack to cool.
Back to listings of articles about Home & Food